Saturday, May 10, 2008

Late Return, No Surprise

D didn't bother to mention that she was at my brother and sister in law's where I know they have phone service, until a quarter till twelve. There was some concocted story about how her car broke down (side story goes here) and she had to take a cab from South Orange. She's such a persistent liar that I don't even know why I bother asking. The truth is that she was on a drunk and when she came home, she was drunk and she had a bottle with her, no less, as I retrieved the cork.

The dishes I left out for the last three days. On day two, I emptied the top rack of the dishwasher. Tonight, I picked up all the trash and empty milk and drink bottles, emptied the bottom rack of the d/w and loaded it. That took me fifteen minutes, after working for 11 hours straight. A coworker gave me some Polish dill soup to take home which I microwaved. It was great and I gave some to my favorite cat, Sp, but don't tell the other cats. I sat near S, who was curled up on the couch. She said she came home, had a snack and dozed off. So, though I could have left earlier by request, or a call could have been made at least to tell me there was a rpoblem, nothing was done and, yes, I did call, S didn't have access to the phone, I assume, since the door to D's space was locked. Her cell phone is disconnected. She could have been sick or in trouble and I wouldn't have known until too late. Yes, I will get her a cell phone. Yes, I will talk to her to make sure she understands that she has to get in touch with me. And I will shut my mouth and carefully document this so that she knows that I know and so that the court knows. This is neglect and is willfull on her part. There's simply no excuse, none at all.

No comments: