Friday, May 2, 2008

This Morning

I was determined to not do anything in the downstairs this morning. Every day, I pick up the mess from the day before. Clean dishes are put away, scraps of food are thrown out, trash is gathered and the animal effluvia is dealt with. But I simply can't leave a mess just laying there. So, this morning I:

- swept up coffee grounds
- collected trash from the kitchen surfaces
- cleaned up the coffee maker
- made fresh coffee
- picked up dog poo
- put all the clean dishes away
- loaded the dishwasher
- wiped down the counters
- threw away empty paper towel wrappers and picked up paper towels from the floor
- picked up cellophane cigarette wrapper
- sorted the recycling and trash in the garage and tied it up
- scrubbed a small pan

I didn't

- scrub the large pan in the sink
- clean up the dog pee
- wash the floor
- feed the animals

because enough is enough.

No comments: